1. The purpose of the Crescent Booster/PTO is to promote enthusiasm and give financial aid to the Student Body of Crescent School, grades kindergarten through twelve.
2. Regular meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM. There are no regularly scheduled meetings July or August.
3. A regular meeting may be changed, or a special meeting called, anytime necessary at the discretion of the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is comprised of co-officers President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary. Other officers may be appointed as needed and availability of people occurs.
4. Any parent or guardian of a Crescent student is considered a member of the Crescent Booster/PTO. Membership is also open to any community member interested in participating in activities at Crescent School. Members will be allowed to vote on Crescent Booster/PTO activities and in the election of officers after attending two meetings.
5. The following procedure will be followed in the election of officers for the Crescent Booster/PTO. The positions in the Crescent Booster/PTO are President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. In September, candidates for a Crescent Booster/PTO office may declare their candidacy. Election notification will be published in the Logger News, sent to the Joyce community. Any Crescent Booster/PTO member may be present to vote for officers at the October meeting. The elected officers serve a one-year term beginning November 1st.
6. The teachers and student body club representatives will be reminded two or more times a year of the purpose of Crescent Booster/PTO. A written request for support and/or monetary aid should be submitted to any officer of the Booster/PTO, giving the following data: Date of event, time of the event, purpose of the event, and assistance requested. A follow-up report either in person or by letter is requested.
7. Fund-raising projects will be discussed and approved at a regular meeting. Gross profits and bills for expenses of such projects will be itemized and presented in written form at the next meeting by the chairman of the appointed committee. All bills will be paid by the Treasurer with the approval of the executive committee.
8. No projects with the expenses exceeding $25.00 will be undertaken without permission of the Executive Committee. If the newly appointed chairman feels the necessity for additional expense funds, it should be discussed at the time of appointment and voted on by members in attendance.
9. Donations can be accepted without obligation on the part of the Crescent Booster/PTO, or the use of its name.
10. Should there be a vacancy in any elected office, this position will be filled at the discretion and vote of the membership, until regular elections are held.
11. Amendments to the Bylaws will be discussed at a regular meeting and voted upon at the following meeting, providing members are notified via newsletter. Any amendment should be dated on the day they are put into effect.
12. All motions that involved future actions carried at regular meetings shall be listed and dated in a separate book by the secretary for easy reference.
13. Limitation Upon Dissolution: Upon dissolution of the organization, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose. Any such assets not disposed of shall be disposed by a Court of Competent Jurisdiction of the county in which the principal office is then located, exclusively for such purposes or to such organizations, as said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such purposes.
Adopted March 4, 2002